Monday, December 1, 2008

WANT TO BE BEAUTIFUL? TRY THESE "TIME TESTED BEAUTY TIPS" (FOR MEN TOO!!!)

This poem by Sam Levenson was made famous by Audrey Hepburn, who quoted it often. Although it was written with women in mind, it is every bit as relevant to men too.

I would strongly urge anyone considering cosmetic surgery to boost their self-esteem to give these top tips a try first:

TIME TESTED BEAUTY TIPS

For attractive lips, speak words of kindness.

For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people.

For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry.

For beautiful hair, let a child run his or her fingers through it once a day.

For poise, walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone.

People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed and redeemed; never throw out anyone.

Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you'll find one at the end of each of your arms. As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself, the other for helping others.

The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman must be seen from in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides.

The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mode, but the true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives and the passion that she shows.

The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years.

3 comments:

Kami said...

This is my answer to your post ^-^
http://kamiphoenix.blogspot.com/2009/02/more-reasons-to-love-woman.html

Thank you for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kami, I wanted to post this comment on your blog but for some reason it would not publish. This is what I wrote...

"Kami, you have a wonderful way of expressing what so many people could not even put into words. I love the idea of the iris of the heart becoming open. I am very touched that you were inspired by my the post on my blog as I read that passage at my Mum's funeral, she passed away just before Christmas at a young age, from breast cancer. I can't help feeling you were meant to be inspired by those words... thank you."

Kami said...

Thank you for your kind words Paul, and I wish someone will read the same words when my time shall come. I am moved thinking I could touch someone's heart and I hope we all remember the special ways people make us feel special each and every day. I am sure your mum was very happy, having such a caring son.

P.S. Yes, I am sorry about that. My blog had a technical problem for a few hours. But all is good now.